When an employee is injured on the job, the process that follows can be difficult to manage. Crescent Medical Center Lancaster has established a workers’ compensation hotline 1-833-CAL-CMCL (1-833-225-2625) as a resource for the community. The staff is specially trained to educate the public on the workers compensation system and help work the injured and their families through the process. This hotline is for educational purposes only and all callers need to contact TDI, their insurance company and/or employer for specifics regarding their injuries.
- I've been injured on the job, what should I do?
- There has been a work-related death in my family - does workers' compensation cover this?
- Do I have to receive my income or death benefit payments through an access card program?
- I have questions regarding my claim, who can help me?
- What are medical benefits and how do I get them?
- How can I find a doctor who will treat me for my injury?
- My doctor has taken me off work due to my injury. Will I be compensated for my time off? What benefits am I entitled to? How will I get paid?
- I haven't been released to return to work yet, but I think I am ready. What should I do?
- The insurance carrier is denying my claim, what should I do?
- Do I need an attorney to assist me with my workers' compensation claim?
- What is an Ombudsman? How do I obtain the assistance of an Ombudsman?
- I have just received a letter that says I am scheduled for a designated doctor appointment. Do I have to go and what will the designated doctor do?
- How does an employee report an unsafe work environment?
- Is my claim file information confidential?
- I am having problems paying my bills, where can I get help?
- What is a Letter of Clarification (LOC)?
- Can the Texas Department of Insurance, Division of Workers' Compensation (DWC) provide me a copy of the workers' compensation claim file maintained by DWC?
WORKERS COMPENSATION HOTLINE