Crescent Medical Center Lancaster (CMCL) has adopted the patient rights and responsibilities for the protection of our patients. CMCL prohibits discrimination of these patient rights and responsibilities based on age, race, color, ethnicity or national origin, religion, culture, language, physical or mental disability, socioeconomic status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, and/or the ability to pay.
As a patient, you have the right to:
- Obtain information about your patient rights, when possible, before care is received.
- Have your admission status explained to you upon request.
- Have your personal and medical information kept private.
- Review, request an amendment, and get a copy of your medical record, according to state law and CMCL policies and procedures.
- Receive notification about your health status, including unanticipated outcomes, in a manner you can understand. This includes providing interpreting and translation services or adaptations for visual, speech, hearing or cogitative impairments as needed. Please contact the immediate supervisor of the area to request these services.
- Participate in decisions about your health care, give or withhold informed consent, and be involved in your plan of care.
- Create or update your Advance Directive and choose a healthcare representative (sometimes called a surrogate healthcare agent).